Wal-mart advertises some great bargains, but who said they were on things your children need for school? Mine want a special kind of binder $12.00, a special kind of jeans $20.00 a pair, and a special kind of shirt $15 to $20 a shirt (can't be bought at Wal-Mart). And, of course, when it's all said and done and those kids are on the bus....the kind of quiet that only "back to school" brings...PRICELESS!
Don't get me wrong, I love having my children home for the summer. We get to do a lot more things as a family because my husband and I own our own businesses. So we come and go as we please. But after 2 1/2 months of being a family, I'm ready to reconnect with my husband during the time the children are at school. I sometimes forget that he needs some "one on one" time with me to rejuvenate our marriage, even if it's just watching movies in the afternoon.
So the advice for today. Love you children. Make sure they have everything they NEED to get back to school (not just want). And, remind your spouse that as soon as the children are back in school, you will have a lot more time for them and that you promise to reconnect.
Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment