This blog is a compiling of Mom's Advice. Every day you meet a Mom that knows a little something about a remedy to your problem. Why not keep up with our Moms and get your questions answered for free?

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Handling Sibling Rivalry

Well, a week has passed and my kids haven't killed each other yet. Sibling Rivalry is going strong in my household. Each child is very bright and talented, however, there is a lot of competition for affection and acknowledgment.

Honestly, I have no idea why they compete and fight so much since we don't play favorites and treat both children with equality and support. So, here's my problem and how I handle it.

Problem - getting my children to stop fighting over petty things.

My remedy - I separate them. Talk to them separately and ask why the problem occured. After I get both sides of the story, I play referee. I make sure I don't take sides until I get all the details.

I always try to get them to work together and not to fight, especially when they start fighting each other physically. As a last resort, I separate them even though they are both teens, I put them in a time-out of sorts. I let cooler heads prevail and try to keep it as fair as possible in my house.

I would love to hear your sibling problems and let my "Board of Moms" answer your problem.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Related Books & Gifts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mom of two teenagers and co-owner of three businesses. Life is full and I love it!