Today's post is about Teens in Trouble. A few months ago, I had the honor of participating in Jury Duty. I say "honor" because as a law abiding citizen, we should all do our part to make sure that a person's bad actions aren't rewarded.
Anyway, I had Jury Duty, and was assigned a Juvenille case. I listened to the attorney's pick members all day and I was Number 39 out of 50. Well, after listening to the questioning and hearing the charges, I let the attorney's have it when they got to me.
I told them I was ashamed to even be in that court room for that reason. If it had been my child, they would not have had the chance to even come close to hitting a security officer at school. They would have had the switch waiting for them at home in addition to Home Schooling if they couldn't behave at school around their friends.
Normally I don't hit my children for anything, but I do have a paddle with their names carved in it for the purpose of getting their attention and making sure they understand what is acceptable behavior and what is NOT. Hitting a security officer at school IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I don't care who you are or what the circumstances were.
I told the Judge that I know the names of all my children's teachers and the facility and I make a habit of being at the school on a regular basis to meet with the teachers to make sure my children are behaving and not falling behind. I want my children to know that they are safe at school and that any one of the teachers can call me to let me know something has happened to my child. Therefore, I felt that I would not be a good candidate for that particular jury. I have no tolerance for misbehaving teens. They are old enough to know the difference between what's right and wrong and should be held accountable.
So, essentially, I had already tried the teen and blamed the MOTHER wholeheartedly. She was sitting there looking smug and dressed in her "hoodrat" attire instead of looking ashamed and dressing sensibly for a court room. I was embarrassed for her.
If I could have handed down a sentence, it would have been for the parents and child to go to counseling and recommended they take part in the The Total Transformation Program that is acredited for helping parents get their happy, healthy children back as contributing family members without taking drastic measures such as Boot Camp.
With so many parents not being available for their children because of work and other commitments, more children are taking the "WRONG" path through life and choosing to misbehave in order to their parent's attention.
Now honestly, you can disagree with me if you want, but I feel that if you aren't spending time with your children....Who Is? Do you know where your children are today and what they are supposed to be doing?
Let me know what you think and if you want more information on the Total Transformation package. I will have a monthly parenting tip from that program posted on this blog to make you better informed.
This blog is a compiling of Mom's Advice. Every day you meet a Mom that knows a little something about a remedy to your problem. Why not keep up with our Moms and get your questions answered for free?
Monday, April 6, 2009
Teens In Trouble
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Related Books & Gifts
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- MomAdvice
- Mom of two teenagers and co-owner of three businesses. Life is full and I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment