I always love the holidays. Whether it's Thanksgiving, Christmas or this time, Easter. My kids get a few days off from school, I get a break from running them back and forth to their extra curricular events, and my house gets clean (because they need something to keep them busy).
I own three businesses. My life is extremely busy (when I want it to be), and sometimes I want to pull my kids out of school just so I can spend a little time with them.
Granted, they drive me insane when they are bored and wanting something to do. That's when they start fighting between themselves. I'm not too wild about them fighting, but they are with me, and that's what matters most to me.
So, what keeps kids entertained during their breaks. Depending on the age, you could schedule a "craft project" for the afternoon, or you could schedule an outting that is age appropriate. My son loves fishing (a man after my own heart), and my daughter loves shopping, even if it's just window shopping. They both love to draw and color even though they are teens.
Since we own a Karaoke/DJ company, we have an extra system available most days so the children can practice DJ'ing or singing which can keep them busy for hours. I prefer they don't spend all day on the couch watching tv.
Bragging time, My daughter has a lovely singing voice and you can see her on www.Youtube.com.
Anyway, back to topic. What would it take for you to enjoy spending time with your children? Do you go to a job because you have too or because you want to get away from your family? Are your children "The Joy of Your Life" or the responsibility you took on? I hope these were thought provoking questions to get you focused on what should be important...your family. God will provide the rest. I'm not saying quit your job, I'm just saying, maybe don't work so hard and have more faith.
Till next time...Hug your child! You'll be glad you did.
This blog is a compiling of Mom's Advice. Every day you meet a Mom that knows a little something about a remedy to your problem. Why not keep up with our Moms and get your questions answered for free?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Related Books & Gifts
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- MomAdvice
- Mom of two teenagers and co-owner of three businesses. Life is full and I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment