This blog is a compiling of Mom's Advice. Every day you meet a Mom that knows a little something about a remedy to your problem. Why not keep up with our Moms and get your questions answered for free?

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Comment on Child Support

I received the following email a few days after this post. If you are having problems with getting Child Support, please help Sylvia help you by joining her Blog. Have a terrific day!

Janine,
Please check out the blog I have started http://texassingleparentscoalition.blogspot.com/. I am working on getting people to join our group and spread the word. Changes are happening without our input. The blog is still under construction and needs alot more work and information to be added which I am working on. I am a single parent, divorced since 1989, never remarried, my ex husband recently passed away in 2007 owing $80,000 in back childsupport. The AG's office did not do alot to help me back when I first got divorced so I had not choice but to work 2 jobs, 7 days a week for 9 year because he changed jobs as a contractor and then became disabled. I have never relied on state assistance. I asked them to put a lien on his bank account which held $2500, but they refused, not much to ask considering he owed $80,000. Although I am out all this childsupport, my kids are now 27 and 20, but it was not easy raising them myself as you know. Now I have a daughter who has finished college and now I have a grandson. I am now watching my daughter struggle because her ex-boyfriend does not pay his support, she gets a $19 check from the AG's office every two weeks. For some collection is a real problem depending on the type of work the non-custodial parent does. I am looking for ideas and comments on any changes to help custodial parents. Most importantly we need members. I worked for a lobbying firm for 19 years and now work for myself doing campaign fiance reports. I am currently reviewing the list of bills on the blog to let everyone know how they will impact the lives of many of their families, keep parents informed and ask for their help should we need to contact legislators by phone, fax, mail or email. If you are interested let me know and I wlll add you to our distribution list for action alerts. Time is short so please spread the word. I am glad things worked out for you.

Sylvia Fenstermacher (email me for her email address to contact her)

No comments:

Related Books & Gifts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mom of two teenagers and co-owner of three businesses. Life is full and I love it!